Re: [FW-1] Packet out od state from second level inside network

Hi,

If I had to guess I would say that your LAN users are using the FW as their
default gateway.  If that is the case, a connection initiated by a user in
LAN2 would go directly to the client without traversing the firewall and the
return packet would go to the firewall first.  This could cause a problem
depending upon your configuration and puts a load on the firewall which is
unnecessary.  You can try a few things like -- changing the rulebase to
allow communication between the LANs as if the packet was initiated byt the
LAN user and not the LAN2 user (not the best choice).  I would probably
recommend changing the physical layout.  It has a few benefits.

(Internet) ---- (FW) ----- (Router) ------ (LAN)

                                              |-----------(LAN2)

This will force data to go from LAN to LAN2 without affecting the firewall
in any way (assuming you want that).  It will also limit your exposure to
licensing issues if you do not have an unlimited license.  You can also add
ACL filtering for Internet and other traffic if you desire).

One question.  You said:

> Added NAT roules for communication between LAN and LAN2, as they need no
NAT to communicate.<

I am not 100% sure on how you configured the NAT options to handle the
situation you describe, but it will becomme unnecessary to have this rule if
you move to the recommended network.  If you need to keep it for some
reason, make sure it is right.

Regards
Bill