[FW-1] Checkpoint FW-1 Secure Client & XP ICS

 At home I have a cable modem connected to a Windows XP Pro desktop, shared
 out via ICS. All very simple so far. I also have a laptop with Windows 2000
 and Checkpoint SecureClient 4.1 installed, for connection to the office
 Firewall-1 based VPN.

 Now, up until recently this worked perfectly, the laptop quite happily
 connected to the office VPN via ICS on the XP desktop. At the weekend, we
 had to change some network configuration at work, leading to the VPN now
 being accessed via a different IP address. I reconfigured the SecureClient
 connection on the laptop and it works perfectly if I dial out to the
 internet directly, but it just doesn't seem to work any more via ICS.

 I can still log in to the VPN successfully, but no traffic after that seems
 to work properly. I get no response to even single pings.

 Any ideas?? Now, I'm fairly sure the problem doesn't lie with the XP
 machine, as I've re-installed this several times in recent months,
 rebuilding it from scratch most of the time and the VPN has worked
 throughout. Whatever originally happened to get the VPN working I believe
 must have happened on the 2000 laptop, but I just don't know what it is.

 Oh, the laptop also has Windows XP on it, which also worked with the VPN
via ICS, but I don't use that boot O/S for work any more so SecureClient is not
 installed now.

 As I said at the start, despite all my current research pointing to using
 SecureClient via ICS being impossible, please do not reply telling me that
 as I have spent countless hours working using this configuration so I KNOW
 IT IS POSSIBLE.

 Any help at all will be most gratefully received.

 Mike.