From: Kenny Smith [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 10 June 2002 07:17
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] error message on solaris fw

a few questions.

1)I found my solaris check point firewall is having the error messages
continueously.  Do you know what is the problem?

# tail messages
Jun 10 11:22:17 mdsfw last message repeated 1999 times
Jun 10 11:22:18 mdsfw ntpdate[259]: waiting 300 seconds before trying again
Jun 10 11:28:57 mdsfw last message repeated 1999 times
Jun 10 11:28:58 mdsfw ntpdate[259]: waiting 300 seconds before trying again
Jun 10 11:35:37 mdsfw last message repeated 1999 times
Jun 10 11:35:38 mdsfw ntpdate[259]: waiting 300 seconds before trying again
Jun 10 11:42:17 mdsfw last message repeated 1999 times
Jun 10 11:42:18 mdsfw ntpdate[259]: waiting 300 seconds before trying again
Jun 10 11:48:57 mdsfw last message repeated 1999 times
Jun 10 11:48:58 mdsfw ntpdate[259]: waiting 300 seconds before trying again

2)My firewall license is tied to solaris firewall hme0 200.100.100.100, and
its netmask is 255.255.255.0 at the moment.  If I change my firewall hme0
netmask to 255.255.255.240 with same IP.  Will the firewall stop
functioning.

3)One of my solaris firewall after power shutdown. I suspect its the Hardisk
problem as there is a drive fail error on the screen and wierd noises coming
from the box.  May I know what is the common reason cause this? I just
upgrade it from CP4.0 to CP2000 a month ago but I don't think it is the
reason.  What to prevent this happen

Thanks a lot
KENNY

This message is intended only for the stated addressee(s)
and may be confidential.  Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorised. Any opinions expressed in this email
do not necessarily reflect the opinions of royalblue.
Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination,
either whole or in part is prohibited,.   If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, please notify
the sender immediately.