Re: [FW-1] Nokia IP 440 and NG

Mauricio,
I have installed a cluster with two Nokias 440 running with IPSO 3.5,
Checkpoint NG FP2 and VRRP. Now it is running on a test enviroment and
it is working right. In the install process you have to follow the next
steps always from the command line:
1. Install IPSO 3.5 You have to create a boot disk for Nokia IP440 with
rawrite.exe and use the command newimage
2. Install SVN FP1 with the command newpkg
3. Install Firewall-1 NG FP1 with the command newpkg
4. Reboot
5. Install SVN FP2 as an upgrade of SVN FP1 with the command newpkg
6. Install Firewall-1 NG FP2 as an upgrade of SVN FP2 with the command
newpkg
7. Reboot
8. cpconfig

With this steps, you can install Firewall-1 NG FP2 on a Nokia IP440 box.
To all this, it would be really usefull a FTP server on a remote
machine for download software.
For the last, I have to remember you that ALL upgrades MUST BE from
command line. When I have used Voyaguer for upgrades, I have had a lot
of problems.

Best regards,
Enrique Martin

We have asked this to our local supplier but do not have a final answer
yet:
Can we run NG on our Nokias IP 440s? (We have been told that it has been

tested but not installed in a production environment and I find that
hard to
believe... still we want to make sure there is someone out there who's
got
the guts to actually install it and run it)

Thanks a lot

Mauricio Bayona
Director de gestión, seguridad y calidad de red
AT&T Latin America - Colombia

--
Enrique Martín Gómez