[FW-1] [ FW-1] Checkpoint NG, and Cisco Secure ACS

Hi,

I try to enable radius authentication from Checkpoint NG FP1 (solaris)
to Cisco ACS (NT) 2.4(1) (- about to be updated).

Radius server is correctly set up in FW-1 (workstation object, radius server,
shared secret, use of RADIUS standard port 1645 UDP).

RADIUS server is directly connected to one of FW interfaces. Previously
Cisco ACS has been running TACACS+, but as problems has arised with Cryptocard
and TACACS (and Checkpoint tells us that Cryptocard has not been OPSEC
licensed with TACACS+, but only RADIUS!!!), we want to change to RADIUS.

I've created a standard user, both in FW-1 DB and in CIsco ACS DB, with static
password. Of course the user in FW-1 has been definied with RADIUS authentication.
Radius authentication has been activated on Firewall.

1. With RADIUS version 1.0 in FW and IETF radius (standard radius attributes)
in CIsco ACS, a telnet <firewall> 259 answers with "RADIUS server does not respond.

2. With RADIUS version 2.0 in FW and IETF radius (standard radius attributes)
in CIsco ACS, a telnet <firewall> 259 answers with "RADIUS server does not respond.

3. With RADIUS version 1.0 in FW and Ascend radius (standard radius attributes)
in CIsco ACS, a telnet <firewall> 259 answers with "RADIUS server does not respond.

4. With RADIUS version 2.0 in FW and Ascend radius (standard radius attributes)
in CIsco ACS, a telnet <firewall> 259 answers with "RADIUS server does not respond.

After this I tried to play around with the radius attributes in CIsco ACS, but
without luck.

I snooped the traffic and saw that FW-1 send 1645 UDP packets of correct lenght (approx
60 bytes) to the Cisco ACS, the Cisco ACS answered ok. THe logs in the Cisco ACS
tells me that the authentication was ok, i.e. CIsco ACS tells me that the users password
is accepted.

What is going on, am I missing something here, does Firewall-1 need some bisarr
RADIUS attribute (which is undocumented, as usual!).

Regards,
Anders Fristedt