From: Colmer, Philip [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: mercredi 5 juin 2002 10:46
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] XP Pro SecuRemote 4.1 SP5

> Anyone have any ideas how to configure this for a DUN connection.  We
> can successfully ping and tracert, but can't ftp or terminal server.

When you attempt to use FTP or TS, do you get the prompt from SR for the
username and password?

If you do NOT, try this:

1. Open the Properties window for the DUN connection.

2. Click on the Networking tab.

3. *DESELECT* the Check Point SecuRemote option.

4. Click on OK on all of the windows to close them and reboot.

5. Go through the above steps but then RESELECT the SR option in the
properties window.

There does seem to be a binding problem with SR under Windows XP and manual
selection seems to correct it.

If, on the other hand, you ARE getting prompted for the username and
password, you probably need to look at the firewall logs to see what it
thinks is going on (is the user authenticated, are you seeing the incoming
connection, etc).

--Philip

--
Philip Colmer MBCS CEng                 Tel: 01223 271223
I.T. Manager                            Fax: 01223 215513

Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les
informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont
confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle
ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le
renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toute diffusion, publication,
totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non
expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained (herein " the
message" ) are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s) if you have received this message in error please send it back
to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or
disclosure, either whole or partial, of this  message is strictly
prohibited.