From: Marcus Brosda [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 9:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Installing Provider-1 NG FP2 on Solaris 2.7

Hi all,

did anyone succeed in installing Provider-1 NG FP2 on Solaris 2.7? The
release
notes contain the information that Provider-1 NG FP2 runs on Solaris 2.7 in
32
bit mode. My Problem is, that the upgrade of the SVN Foundation to FP2 does
not
succeed - and this is a prerequisite for the upgrade of the FW1 package to
FP2.

Even if i don't know wether the firewall module is really needed for the
Provider-1 management server, I expect that SVN Foundation FP2 is at least
needed to run Provider-1 with FP2.

The log of my patchadd-trys contains the following lines

<snip>

This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
will attempt to overwrite this package.

<installroot>/CPSVNSP500002-01/CPshrd-50/install/checkinstall:
<installroot>/CPSVNSP500002-01/CPshrd-50/install/checkinstall: cannot open
pkgadd: ERROR: checkinstall script did not complete successfully
Dryrun complete.
No changes were made to the system.

</snip>

where <installroot> was
1) my download directory
2) then /tmp
3) and then even "/"

(In the past I dealed with packages which could not be installed from a
directory deep down in the filesystem's hierarchy. Normally /tmp works fine
with
those packages/patches, but not with patch CPSVNSP500002-01)

I realized some silly UIDs/GIDs (105 and 508) within the patch directory.
The
permissions were set to rw- --- --- . After setting the UIDs/GIDs to
root/other
and the permissions to rwx rwx rwx, the patchadd does more ("The FireWall-1
is
being stopped now.") but fails with the same error ....

Any idea?

Best Regards
Marcus Brosda

The information contained in this message is intended only for the recipient, may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, please be aware that any dissemination or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

Thank you,
Standard & Poor's