Re: [FW-1] Filtering incoming SMTP "from" your domain via SS

I believe that you should allow email from [email protected]
even though the mail relay is outside foxboro.com

I usually use VPN when working from home,
Occasionally, I create email on my remote desktop and
send it to my self or others in my company
outside the VPN connection.
I retain my adc.com return address even though I am
outside ADC.

"Coleman, Clayton" wrote:

> Here's the scenario:  We block all incoming mail not destined for our mail domains (to block relay) but we are also considering
> not allowing people to deliver mail to us that appear to come from our domain.  Confusing?
>
> Simply put, should we allow someone from the Internet to deliver to our SMTP server "From: [email protected]" "To:
> [email protected]" since all mail from foxboro.com should come from internal?   What would be the downsides of blocking someone
> from the Internet who tries to do that?
>
> And, can we do that in a resource...?  I only think it works for the destination domain, not the source domain of the email.
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Clayton

Greg Polanski                    mailto:[email protected]
ADC Telecommunications, IncMSFAX
PO Box 1cell/pager
Minneapolis, MN  [email protected]