From: Coleman, Clayton [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 8:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Filtering incoming SMTP "from" your domain via SS

Here's the scenario:  We block all incoming mail not destined for our mail domains (to block relay) but we are also considering not allowing people to deliver mail to us that appear to come from our domain.  Confusing?

Simply put, should we allow someone from the Internet to deliver to our SMTP server "From: [email protected]" "To: [email protected]" since all mail from foxboro.com should come from internal?   What would be the downsides of blocking someone from the Internet who tries to do that?

And, can we do that in a resource...?  I only think it works for the destination domain, not the source domain of the email.

Thanks much.

Clayton