[FW-1] Initial SIC Comm. failure after upgrade to NG FP1

Good day all,
        In upgrading a number of remote FW modules, we are seeing about 50%
failing to make the initial SIC connection after the reboot during install.
This, along with the default filter, locks us out of the FW and makes our
life very difficult.

We are following the exact same procedure for each module, 3 have worked
fine, 3 have failed. We do not yet see a pattern as to why these are
failing.

Our resolution has been to use the cpconfig utility on the remote firewall
to reestablish the one time password. This is painful though when we have
remote boxes and no one to console in for us.

Has anyone else seen similar problems? If so, any insight into what may be
causing them and how to avoid/resolve? Any way to stop the default filter
from installing would be helpful as well, or at least leave us a door into
the box.

Details:
All FW boxes are Solaris 2.7 running 4.1, SP5.
Management is Solaris 8, NG, FP2.

Thanks.
Andy