[FW-1] ip change / certificate change

Hi,

I am runnning NG FP1 on Solaris 8

I changed the ip address of my fw-object from the
inside address to the outside address. Now my
SecuRemote Clients do not drop the connection after
a while.

But when i changed the ip to the external ip, the gui
gave me a hint that i have now to create a new certificate.

I was a little bit unsecure about the things which can
happen and ignored the warning message. On the operation
of the FW as Gateway and SecuRemote Server everything is
ok.

Now i want to setup a vpn between my checkpoint and
Linux FreeSwan. The Connection fails on the
certificate change (i dont want to use preshared secrets)

I exported my Root-CA Certificate (the one before I changed
the ip-address from internal to external-IP of fw-object) and
gave it to the FreeSwan admin. Then i made a new CA for
the FreeSwan Side and exported his CA.

Now my questions:

1. Is it dangerous to delete my old Root-CA Certificate and
   to create a new one. (I can only create an additional
   certificate with my internal_root-ca when there is not
   already one existing on my root-ca ?

2. Has the new certificate any influence on my guy client
   (I use password) or my SecuRemote Clients or on the
   global operation of my firewall ?

Thanks - Helmar