Re: [FW-1] Secure Remote/Client on Windows XP

I had the same problem earlier this year, and here is a summary of what my
coworker did to resolve the problem (after I told him to look for "fw1" in
the registry, thanks to a tip from this list):

"Here's what I had to do to get the CheckPoint software to install.  Using
regedit, I did a search for FW1.  When I found it, I was unable to delete
it because the key was locked.  So I had to flip over to using regedt32 and
search for FW1 there.  Once I found it, I had to modify the security
settings of the key to give me full access to it, which permitted me to
finally delete it.  I think there were 3 or 4 instances of FW1 in the
registry.  Also, I searched for "checkpoint" and "securemote" and deleted
them just to be sure.

After getting rid of all those keys, I rebooted and was able to
successfully get the software installed."

                      "Joseph J. Gallo"
                      <[email protected]>                    To:       [email protected]
                      Sent by: Mailing list for                  cc:
                      discussion of Firewall-1                   Subject:  [FW-1] Secure Remote/Client on Windows XP
                      <[email protected]
                      kpoint.com>

                      05/22/2002 08:44 AM
                      Please respond to Mailing list for
                      discussion of Firewall-1

We have a user that is using Windows XP and needs to install Secure
Remote/Client on her PC.  I have issued her the correct version of
Secure Remote/Client for XP.  When she begins to install the client she
gets a message stating that "Firewall-1" has been found on her computer
and must be removed before installing Secure Client.  My skills using XP
are minimal, so I would be gratefull  is someone could spread some light
on this issue.  The only thought I had was the firewall that comes built
in XP is causing this problem. (I have experienced similar messages when
I installed CheckPoint NG and then tried to install the client on the
same test machine.)

Thank you in advance for any help.

Joe

NOTE: This electronic message and attachment(s), if any, contains information which is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).  Unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of the contents of this message or attachment(s), in whole or in part, is prohibited without the express authorization of the author of this message.