From: Don [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 21 May 2002 02:41
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Routing Question

> Normal route statements on the routers, nothing special.
>
> On 10.10.0.1:
> - 10.30.0.0/16 [1/0] via 10.10.0.2
>
> On 10.10.0.2:
> - 10.30.0.0/16 [1/0] via 10.20.0.254
>
> Doing a traceroute to an ip in the dmz from 10.10.0.1 or anything behind
it
> will
> only get as far as 10.10.0.2 and then time out.
Does your rule set allow ICMP to the firewall and to systems behind it?

What exactly does your rule set say?

-Don

Warning : The information contained in this message may be privileged and
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
replying to this message and then delete it from your computer. All e-mail
sent to this address will be received by the Providian Financial corporate
e-mail system and is subject to archiving and review by someone other than
the recipient.