Re: [FW-1] VPN Question - ICMP Packet Out of State - Linksys BEFV P41

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] VPN Question - ICMP Packet Out of State - Linksys BEFV P41
  • From: Steve McNutt <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:31:30 -0400
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Are you pinging the linksys box from the firewall or are you using
machines behind the two as test points?  If the latter, it sounds like a
NAT problem. Your log should not show src+dst as the addresses of the
firewalls.

Did you double check your NAT rules to make sure that you have two rules
that prevents natting between the local and remote nework objects?  I am
assuming that you are dealing with non-overlapping private network
numbers of course.

Just a guess, HTH.

Steven McNutt, CCIE #6495, CCSE, MCSE
President