Re: [FW-1] Advice needed on NAT and external_address testing

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Advice needed on NAT and external_address testing
  • From: Hal Dorsman <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:12:32 -0600
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Well, if they are on the same internal network as you are,
then the FW is not the issue. An arp should be finding the
boxes, not routing to the FW. You have a network mask problem
possibly.  Check the IPs of yours, and the new machines, as
well as the masks, and make sure they are on the same network.
If you still can't connect, reply with the IPs and masks, and
results of pings, and show us your arp cache.

Hal