Yes, there are MANY choices to install in NG, but remember this....you HAVE to have licenses for all of them!

Also, after you've installed the firewall and management server and you're creating objects like the firewall....just because you select one of the options, like Policy Server or Log Server doesn't mean that it will work UNLESS you also installed the software and it is licensed. All the choices are there regardless of what software you've installed.

As for the Policy Server, if you want to run SecureClient you must install the Policy Server, select that option when your create that object, make sure you associate a user group with the object that represents your Policy Server AND make sure you have the licenses installed.

At 03:00 AM 5/21/2002, you wrote:

Date:    Tue, 21 May 2002 00:04:36 -0500
From:    *'*' Neil '*'* <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Secure Client licensing

Hi Don,

I was upgrading a 4.1 last night. During the installation of NG, there were
8 or 9 selections that I can choose to install. The number 1 choice was
Checkpoint NG, and others. There was also a choice there to install Policy
Server.

My question now to the people here on the list is, should I also select that
program if we were using SecureClient before?

Thanks in advance.

Neil