Re: [FW-1] Secure Client licensing

I would not be surprised at all if that were the case. On our last go-round, our VAR and the
regional CP rep *both* got the licensing mixed up which messed around quite a bit with
our budget as well as our implimentation. We spent some quality time on the phone ourselves..
Not positive which lic you need, you guys are a whole lot bigger than we are running Unlimited..
All I'm trying ot say (not out to slam here) is that the lic can be complicated enough that even
good & experienced folks can get it wrong sometimes.

Wish I could help more..

- Joe

>>> Richard Marshall <[email protected]> 05/20/02 12:19PM >>>
hi,

we use a distributed environment. the relevant lics that we have are:

CPMP-ESC-U-DES-V41      -       unlimited management
CPVP-VFM-250-DES-V41    -       firewall/vpn lics (we also have a number
of RL type licenses)
CPVP-VSC-50-V41         -       SC license

we also have an SR license, which we have been using without any
problems for over a year.
When I was implementing Securemote I experimented with SC, but failed to
make it work due to the lack of a policy server license. (I couldn't use
the management server as a policy server, as there was no FW-1 module
installed, and couldn't use the gateways because they didn't have the
correct license.)

Is it possible that our VAR didn't pass a policy server license on to
us!?

thanks in advance

rich