Re: [FW-1] Nat.. I think

If the server is win2k or SQL you are right it is NAT(Microsoft has admitted this to be a problem). from what you described if client and server are communicating through the firewall. you want to add a rule in your address translation tab:

client-network  server-network any original original
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Rogers [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 5:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Nat.. I think

Hello all,

I am the new network admin here, and for about a year they have been living with a problem and now, all of a sudden it is a big issue.

The issue is:  A user could being doing their normal task throughout the day and their mapped drives will loose connection.  The user clicks the drive and you get the standard " can not find "server" error. To fix this, I had the user just change their ip address and everything is fine.  That is why I think it is configuration problem with NAT. The question now is....  What is the problem?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry Rogers