[FW-1] AW: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] NG: ftp reject: reason tried to open tcp se rvice port, port XYZ

Well, I've tried to avoid that because this list is open to everyone and I
don't know if really everybody understands the implications such changes
will have. First, you have to change a file which carries basic definitions
from the vendor (and by the way, you have to track such changes and repeat
it always when going to apply service or feature packs). Second, you have to
do this changes with a good editor (I would suggest "vi" of course) wihout
making failures. Otherwise your Policy will never compile anymore or you
disable security functions of your firewall. And third, you will do a
deliberate deactivation of the server port check of Check Point.

However, here you are:

Go in your base.def file (of course make a backup copy before) and just look
for the following two funktion definitions:

#define ftp_intercept_port(oneway) and #define ftp_intercept_pasv(oneway).

There you should find the sub-function call NOTSERVER_TCP_PORT(sr1) which is
defined a couple of lines before. The "sr2" means that this function gets
the value of segment register 1 that was filled with the server port value
right the line above [set sr1 FTPPORT(FTPPORT_MATCH)]. And this is the point
you have the problem with. So simply change this line

from
NOTSERVER_TCP_PORT(sr1)
NOTSERVER_TCP_PORT(65535).

This will disable the port check in the sense that FW-1 always believes the
server port 65535 (just an example of a very likely unused port) is the one
to check and will never drop or reject it.

That's it in NG FP2.