From: BillO
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] backup interface wouldn't keep quite.

I have seen various problems with the Cisco switches and vrrp/monitored circuit before.  You might want to check the Nokia page,but I believe there was a setting like

set port channel "port list" off

this alleviated some issues related to how long convergence took.

one other thing i can think of is if you are using the same router id for more than one nokia interface and using the same switches "on different vlans" you may have a mac related problem where the switch is getting confused on where to send the packet and either dropping it or sending it to the wrong interface.

you could also look at the vrrp statistics for the various interfaces in question and see if you are clocking errors.  maybe some of the vrrp packets are getting mangled when they are sent or in transit and this happens enough that the backup occasionally misses enough packets and will switch to master.