From: Sean Donaghey/HDGH [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 2:43 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] ACE/Server v5 with Checkpoint authentication?

Hi,

I am trying to get ACE/Server v5.01 working with a Firewall-1 v4.1 SP3 box,
and I cannot get it too work.  I have looked over the lists archives, and
tried everything that people have suggested, and can not get it too work.
When I do a telnet to the firewall on port 259, and enter the user name
(from ACE/Server user list), and the PIN+passcode, it comes back to me and
state "Unable to activate Secur-ID Authentication", and the Firewall-1 log
viewer, shows an error "SecurID communcation problem".  It looks like the
Node Secret is NOT being sent to the Firewall, and I am unsure why?

I have defined the additional interfaces on the firewall as Secondary
Nodes, and set the Agent Type to: Communications Server.

I have test it out by installing the Win32 ACE/Agent onto the SecurID
server, and testing out the authentication, and that works from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean P. Donaghey
Sr. Technical Analyst