Re: [FW-1] [[FW-1] Fw1-NG FP2 notforwardinghttp

We have discovered what was happening on our red hat box.

The log file ahttpd.elg in /opt/CPfw1-50/log/ had exceeded 2GB, and the
linux kernel is not compiled for large files.  This log file being full
was causeing ahttpd to keep dying and restarting.

We still have not determined what is causeing this file to grow so
quickly, and why it does not rotate to the management station like the
rest of the logs.

Thanks
Jason Poudrier
Information Systems
Seton Healthcare [email protected]
>>> [email protected] 05/10/02 09:00 AM >>>
look this...

  I have a NG FP1/windows2000 sp2. My 200 users uses http by two ways.

            first - sites that have full acess ( no auth )

            second- sites that users must authenticate themselves in
order to have acess to the internet.

        The internet Explorer of may users is setted to use prxy (ip of
firewall) and 80 port.

        While user auth is working fine, i try to telnet 80 port of
firewall and it connects

        My problem is: suddanly user atuh stops to work, anda when i try
to telnet 80 port of firewall, doesn't connect.

        What's going on ????

cheers

Andr� Conde Caselli
Comunica��o corporativa da Alian�a do Brasil