From: Ronneil Camara [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Freitag, 10. Mai 2002 08:14
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] I upgraded 4.1 to NG but......URGENT help needed

Hi guys,

I upgraded Checkpoint 4.1 to NG on the same hardware. I followed the
procedure on this links http://www.fw-1.de/aerasec/41-ng/.
Checkpoint services runs ok. But connecting to NG firewall via Policy
Editor, Policy Editor will not or did not see any rule. The firewall object
is there and no other objects, just that one.

1. So what could be wrong?
2. Where could I be wrong?
3. Is the link above a good procedure on upgrading Checkpoint 4.1 to NG?

What about modifying the content of $FWDIR.

1. Should I modify $FWDIR after the installation of NG?
2. And is it really a must to uninstall 4.1 prior to the installation of NG?

Do you guys have other links to the procedure on doing an upgrade on the
same box?

Thanks. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Neil