Re: [FW-1] Security Certs

yeah i know someone that passed the MCSE and didn't know what DOS was...
that says it all...

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Don
Sent: 09 May 2002 21:49
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Security Certs

> Chris, I still recommend SCNP as the most close to what you have to do
every
> day unless you are a Policy Writer, Auditor, etc. The training includes
> hands-on labs with Information Security products and utilities vs. slides
> with lectures.
There is nothing wrong with the SCNP, nor was I in any way trying to
disparage it. However, in the long run, the CISSP is a more managerial
certification and can lead to higher paying jobs. The CISSP is also a
little more well known.

> There are two levels. I would recommend the only Level I because Level II
is
> too specific. There are two weeks of training total unless you are MCSE or
> CCNA and want to save time&money and apply for accelerated 1 week course.
I do not know about anyone else, but I am somewhat concerned with an exam
that includes only 2 weeks of training.

> As for CISSP, see the table here:
> http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/SCP-CISSP.html
> Best in your career!
A comparison of courses, given by a company that teaches one of them and
not the other, is pretty silly.

I am not a fan of any of these certifications. That said, the CISSP is a
good certificatino to have if you want to move up in an organization, or
if you work for a government of financial firm where the sort of
information in the CISSP is considered critical.

-Don