Re: [FW-1] DNS TCP

Bill Osterman wrote:
[snip]

> So while I run for cover   ;~}   let me redirect everyones interest and ask
> a different question.  How much time does it take for most peoples emails to
> reach the mailing list?  Mine takes at least an hour and sometimes as much
> as three.  Is that normal for everyone else?

This is almost as off-topic as the zillion replies to the "unsubscribe" thread,
but since I've been staring at email headers all morning for other reasons, I'll
chime in. (Oh, and here's my proposal on the "unsubscibe" thread, anyone, beyond
perhaps the first respondant, _who responds to the whole list_ to a question like
that should be the ones banned. There is an order of magnitude more noise from
the responses than from the original post.)

Just have a look at some mail headers, Bill. For example, in the mail I received
from you,

>  by ice.glpconnect.com (NAVGW 2.5.1.13) with SMTP id M408178
>  for <[email protected]>; Thu, 09 May 2002 12:58:14 -0700

[snip intervening mail servers]

>           by mtaout05.icomcast.net (iPlanet Messaging Server 5.1 HotFix 0.6
>           (built Apr 26 2002)) with SMTP id
>           <[email protected]> for
>           [email protected]; Thu, 09 May 2002
>           15:20:26 -0400 (EDT)

It took about 18 minutes for the mail to get to hit our border. The biggest,
well amost all, lag was at Checkpoint's beethoven.us.checkpoint.com.

The last mail I sent to the list,

>  by ice.glpconnect.com (NAVGW 2.5.1.13) with SMTP id M019303
>  for <[email protected]>; Thu, 09 May 2002 12:26:40 -0700

[snip]

>           (Netscape Messaging Server 4.15 nsmail Mar  5 2002 15:11:07) with
>           ESMTP id GVUXCK00.BK1 for
>           <[email protected]>; Thu, 9 May 2002
>           11:43:32 -0700

Had a turnaround of about 43 minutes.
--
Crist J. Clark                               [email protected]
Globalstar CommunicationsThe information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,