Re: [FW-1] NG FP2 Secure Remote

I also ran in to this, you need to go to objects.c and objects50.c and
modify a parameter here is a message from checkpoints support.  I had to
do a fwstop and fwstart to fix it.

error when attempting to download the topology ID: sk11244 Fact
FireWall-1 NG FP2 Fact VPN-1 NG FP2 Fact SecuRemote NG FP2 Fact
SecureClient NG FP2 Fact Topology download Fact FWZ Fact Respond to
Unauthenticated Topology Requests Symptom Getting an error when
attempting to download the topology Symptom Error: "site <IP Address> is
configured to transmit topology data without authentication" Change
SecuRemote/SecureClient upgraded from FireWall-1 NG FP1 to FireWall-1 NG
FP2 Cause SecuRemote/SecureClient NG FP2 no longer supports
Unauthenticated Topology download Cause Using a standalone Management
Server older than NG FP2 (without a VPN/FireWall Module installed) Fix
Do the following: 1. Download the dbedit utility to the Management
Server from: www.checkpoint.com 2. Close the Policy Editor GUI. 3. Use
the dbedit utility to set allow_clear_gettopo in the firewall_properties
table to false Go to the command window of the Management Server:
C:\>dbedit Enter Server name (ENTER for 'localhost'): Enter User Name:
fwadmin Enter User Password: ****** Please enter a command, -h for help
or -q to quit: dbedit> modify firewall_properties allow_clear_gettopo
false dbedit> quit You will be prompted if you want to save and update.
Enter yes. 4. Install the policy in order for the dbedit modification to
take effect on the firewall module

James