Re: [FW-1]

> It would be nice if y�all would give us the full names of these
> not-so-common certifications� just in case the newbies among us (like
> myself) would like to investigate them further.
CISSP = Ceritified Information Systems Security Professional
NSA = Nokia Security Administrator
NSA = National Security Agency
  IAM = Information Assurance Methodology (Part of CIAO)
    CIAO = Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office (Part of PDD-63 -> 1)
SCNP = Security Certified Network Professional

> Also, I�d like to ask for professional opinions on which certifications (in
> addition to the CCSE) would be recommended for persons strictly interested
> in pursuing a career in network security?
The CISSP can be very useful and will probably help you the most in an
olverall business sense. The Cisco security certification might be
useful as well.

There are a myriad of certs out there, some useful, some not. Rather than
worry about certifications, worry about knowing information security :)

-Don