Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 12:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] SecuRemote VPN Capacity

Hi All
I am looking to deploy 1000 SR users. These users are actually remote sites that we want connected thru the VPN at ALL times. Having said that, I would assume that the load on the Firewall would be great, yes/no/maybe.

Has anyone ever set up 1000 or so SR VPN connections to 1 Firewall Server? Is anyone aware of any specs or documents that shows requirements for large SR deployments?

Currently we have a Sun 250R with 256MB of RAM running FW-1 NG FP1/Solaris 8. The RAM I will increase to 1GB
The remote sites will all be on DSL.

TIA

J. Barber  - ccse,scsa
Information Technology