From: Adam Fathauer [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 5:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] DNS Question

Windows 2000 servers running SMTP will send out all DNS queries via TCP and
not UDP. Refer to the following Microsoft article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q263237

I have also seen Windows NT 4.0 & 2000 workstations sending DNS queries via
TCP and not UDP.

Don <[email protected]>
Sent by: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
<[email protected]>
05/02/2002 08:07 AM
Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1