[FW-1] Secure Client on XP

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] Secure Client on XP
  • From: "Thompson, Chris" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:11:04 -0300
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Good Day,

I have several clients that are utilizing Secure Client as a means remote access.  With XP I am experiencing the following problem (Other than the installation).  When mapping a drive to a file server inside the encryption domain, XP stores the domain user password locally.  When the user is forced to change their domain password the next time they connect via Secure Client XP attempts to map the drive using the old password and locks out the domain account.  Other than creating separate profiles on the XP system is there a way to force XP to always require manual password entry when utilizing a domain resource over the vpn?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris