From: bfuller <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1]
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 16:06:41 -0400

MessageI had problems getting it to work, and after many talks with
Checkpoint and Nortel, I have not yet been successful.  Checkpoint says it
has something to do with how IKE is handled in the Nortel boxes and that
they did not follow the standards.  I don't know what the real reason is. I
was able to initiate a vpn connection from the checkpoint side, but not the
nortel side.  The vpn would fail when a key negotiation was taking place if
the Nortel initiated the vpn tunnel.

I have been able to create vpn tunnels with other products to the
Checkpoint
firewall, such as cisco without any trouble.

I had tried on two occasions for different customers with no luck.  If you
get it to work, let us all know how you managed it.

Solution

How to Configure an IKE VPN with Nortel Contivity VPN Server

                    Solution ID: 55.0.947
                    Creation Date: 03/10/2000
                    Revised Date: 05/04/2000

  I found this on the Knowledge base. There was a document you could
download. A 1.2 Meg zipped file. Just call them and ask for it or
something.