From: Kevin Buckley [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 7:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Site to Site VPN Question

I'm looking at a one way VPN with all traffic being generated from me. So in
my current setup I have all my internal networks Hide NAT to an
IP(public)that is different than checkpoint external nic's ip. This
IP(NAT) would than be considered my encryption domain with my vendor instead
of my internal network ip scheme being used(the one in conflict with another
client of the vendors)?????

On my fw in the global properties for NAT I have checked: Automatic rules
intersection Automatic ARP configuration

Not checked:
Perform destination translation on the client side

So would I have to still add manual NAT rules since the automatic option is
chosen????

Example of my IP's
My external interface FW: 206.289.2.20
Hide NAT for internal network: 206.289.2.25
My internal network: 172.16.x.x  (Vendor has another client configured for
this encryption domain)

Vendor's IP's
Network I will be connecting to: 197.188.64.x
FW external IP: 165.69.54.88

Thanks for the help
Kevin