Re: [FW-1] Upgrading Fw-1,Vpn1 4.1 Module to NG (Sic,certificatealreadyexists)

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Upgrading Fw-1,Vpn1 4.1 Module to NG (Sic,certificatealreadyexists)
  • From: RENATA CARVALHO VINCOLETTO <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:01:53 -0300
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

First, you must be on the management console. Type:
fw sic_reset
This will wipe your internal CA and stop the firewall. Next, run
"cpconfig" and reinitialize your internal CA. Finally, restart the
firewall (cpstart), and log in. Your GUI should ask you to verify a new
fingerprint.
Warning: you may get the error:

*** Checking IKE Certificates ***
There are IKE Certificates that were generated by the
internal Certificate Authority.
Please remove them (using the Policy Editor) so that
the internal Certificate Authority can be destroyed.

SIC Reset operation could not be completed
This indicates an object(s), most likely your firewall, has an IKE cert
under the VPN tab. You must delete this cert to continue. If you can't
get into the GUI because the cert is boned, you must edit
$FWDIR/conf/objects_5_0.C after stopping the firewall and edit your
firewall object. You will see a "certificates" subsection that looks
like:
:certificates (
: (demone-auth
:AdminInfo (
:chkpf_uid ("{8AD40054-F442-433D-B561-14D7AC7657E2}")
:ClassName (certificate)
)
:"#certreq-pki-gen" (false)
:"#pki-host-cert-set" (false)
:ca (ReferenceObject
:Name (InterSecRoot)
:Table (servers)
:Uid ("{29CF35A6-D330-4D75-B2BE-A1FE45E4B0BB}")
)
:dn ("CN=Administrator,[email protected]")
:pkisignkey (177eac7c923f71adc618f6a7)
:status (signed)
:stored.at (management_server)
)
Modify this so it looks like:
:certificates ()
and start your firewall. Try "fw sic_reset" again.

Renata Vincoletto
Siemens Business Service - TS W/Security
tel 55 11 3908-2121