[FW-1] NG NAT with one valid IP doesn't work

recap,

A question has been asked about port address translation. a subscriber has
answered this request for information by posting a link to phoneboys website
which has an faq which explains that on ng you can use network address
translation to translate the public ip of the firewall port 80 to a private
address on port 80. (the firewall in this scenario has a single public ip).

i have tested this on two versions of ng on two platforms. i had no success
on either using the following nat rule.
(note: tested on ng fp1 ipso and ng fp2 wink2

ORIG PACKET                        TRANS PACKET
any - firewall - http                    orig - web_server - orig

I did however have success using this 'single public ip bound to the
firewall external nic' scenario by using an 'http-mapped' rule as follows:
(note, this works on 4.1 sp5, ng fp1 ipso and ng fp2 win2k)

any - firewall - http-mapped - accept
any - web_server - http - accept
any - any - any - drop

Note, the 'http-mapped' match is set to
'SRV_REDIRECT(80,<web_server_ip>,80)'

For these tests i had client side nat enabled and the rule base was any
accept.

I tested another scenario: 2 public ip's. one bound to the firewall external
nic, the other i added a proxy arp entry for it in voyager. i the used
network address translation rule to port translate and ip translate. this
was successful. (as one would expect) (tested on ng fp1 ipso).

ORIG PACKET                                        TRANS PACKET
any - proxy_arp_pub_ip - http                    orig - web_server - orig
web_server - any - any                               proxy_arp_pub_ip -
rig  - orig