Re: [FW-1] Anti-relay

Hi Devon,

I found the simplest way was to create Mail Relay so that all Email was
routed through a PC running Solaris x86 (or you could use linux) which
relays into the Internal Mail Server. Using the Mail Relay subscribes to
the RBL+ list at www.mail-abouse.org, I also configured additional local
blocking and it can handle an unlimited number of virtual domains and
forward to internal accounts. The Mail Relay also records all incoming
and outgoing traffic, great for when a director hassles you about an
Email another director claims to have sent (Scan the eight weeks of logs
and show them the last Email received by the director!). You can also
capture spam to dead Email accounts before it hits your internal server
and also virus scan if you wish as well.

Regards

Russell

PS. The configuration file to create the sendmail configuration file is
below.

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`@(#)main-v7sun.mc    1.2 (Sun) 01/27/98')
OSTYPE(solaris2.ml)dnl
DOMAIN(solaris-antispam)dnl
FEATURE(`relay_entire_domain')dnl
FEATURE(`dnsbl',`rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db',`hash /etc/mail/access')dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `dbm /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl
define(`confMAX_MESSAGE_SIZE',`8000000')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

Devon Harding - GTHLA wrote:

> How do I enable anti-relay in the security server of FireWall-1.  My
> security server (Trendmicro InterScan in CVP mode) is relaying messages
> destine for other domains on the Internet which causes it to pass through my
> Exchange Server and filling up the queue.

> Devon Harding
> System Administrator
> Gilat Latin America
>> [email protected]

> [email protected]

Network and Systems Administrator           Flomerics Ltd
Email: russell.aspinwall at flomerics.co.uk 81 Bridge Road
Telephone: 020-8941-8810 x3116              Hampton Court
Facsimile: 020-8941-8730                    Surrey, KT8 9HH, UK