Re: [FW-1] SSH set-up - where?

> To get around the limitation of the GUI clients file. I have followed
> 'phoneboys' advice in his book and on his WEB site - I have installed an
> SSH server on my management system and an SSH client on my PC. It all seems
> to work on its own (the SSH server is up and running) but I can't find any
> further documentation on how to configure them to 'talk' together using the
> GUI-Client.
> Does anyone have this working?
> If so please give me a link to some doc. or email me for an off-topic
> discussion.
Allow 127.0.0.1 as a GUI client on the firewall.

Configure your ssh client to use port forwarding. Forward the CP
management port on the client to the management port on the firewall. 259
on 4.1 and earlier, 18190 for NG.

Connect to the firewall using SSH, launch the GUI, and connect to
localhost. You will now be transparently connected tothe firewall.

-Don