Re: [FW-1] Outlook and SecureRemote

I should have searched the list first.  I apologize for posting a question that has been previously answered.
-----Original Message-----
From: Faris, Craig [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 11:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Outlook and SecureRemote

We are using DSL sharing routers for small branch offices (Dlink and Linksys) 2-3 users.  We use Checkpoint VPN-1 v4.1SP5 on NT.  We load secure remote on each PC.  Everything works pretty good except users are finding that they cannot "reply" to email with their outlook (versions 98 and 2000) 100% of the time.  They usually get 1 of 2 messages (network problems... or message is corrupt...).

The Exchange server has been modified with the "hard coded" DS and IS ports so that objects could be properly defined on the firewall.  Everything works fine for dial-up VPN users but once we get behind some type of NAT device it isn't 100%.  I found that I had to modify the MTU size (smaller) on a 98 PC to get all my internal applications working through one of these devices but the branches use NT workstation 4 and I am not sure where the MTU size key is for Ethernet adapters.

Anyone experiencing anything similar or have some ideas?  Thanks in advance.