[FW-1] SMTP resource

Good day,

I am trying to use an smtp security server to strip attachments and am not having much luck.  Running NG-FP1, I define the smtp resource with a match * and *@mydomainname.com and configure the Action2 tab with the file extensions that I want to strip.  Once created I simply create a rule that is any to mailserver service smtp w/resource.  As soon as I do this nothing can connect to the mail server.  In fact I don’t even see connection attempts logged.  In the fwd.elg log I am receiving an error, “unable to start in.asmtpd  for every connection attempt to the mail server on port 25. I have also made sure that the fwauthd.conf contains the line 25   in.asmtpd wait 0

 Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris