Re: [FW-1] Log switching with a Cron Job---Please Help

In my cronjob, I don't specify an output name.  My entry is simply this:

59 23  *  *  0-4  PATH=/opt/CPfw1-41/bin:$PATH; fw logswitch

The file is automatically named in the form 14Apr2002-23:59:02.log, thus I
don't need to do a rename of the file.

Elisabeth

                      "Joseph J. Gallo"
                      <[email protected]>                    To:       [email protected]
                      Sent by: Mailing list for                  cc:
                      discussion of Firewall-1                   Subject:  [FW-1] Log switching with a Cron Job---Please Help
                      <[email protected]
                      kpoint.com>

                      04/05/2002 08:00 AM
                      Please respond to Mailing list for
                      discussion of Firewall-1

I have the following CRON Job set up to run on FW-1 daily:

59 11 * * * /opt/pkg/FW/bin/fw logswitch old.log (This works fine in
switching out the log file)
05 0 * * * mv /opt/pkg/FW/log/old.log /var/test/logs/`date
+"%m%d%y-%H%M"`.log (This line generates an error file---see below)
"
"
"
"

When the cron job runs I get the following error message in my inbox the
next day:
"Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution"

If I run the line manually from the console: mv /opt...../old.log
/var.../`date +"%m..."`.log  It works fine.

Am I setting up the cron job incorrectly?  Or should I be using a
different way to switch out the logs?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Joe