[FW-1] NAT for FW-1 NG on NT 4.0

Hi,
I'm performing static NAT with FW-1 NG over NT 4.0.
I have followed instructions descripted by CheckPoint:

Set up Static NAT for Windows NT 4.0 as follows:

1. Run fwstop from $FWDIR\bin

2. From the command prompt, create a file called local.arp in
$FWDIR\state

3. In local.arp, input the valid IP address being used for the static
NAT followed by a space and the MAC address of the firewall module's
external NIC card (All on the same line. The sets of numbers and/or
letters used in the MAC address should be separated by dashes)

4. After saving local.arp, add a route to the operating system by
opening a command prompt and running the command:

route add -p <valid address> <invalid address>

5. Open the security policy editor, create a new workstation object for
the machine being NATed

6. Input the pertinent information on the general tab (name and IP),
then click on the NAT tab

7. Click "use automatic translation rules", set the mode to static,
input the valid IP address behind which the machine is being NATed, and
choose install on "all"

8. Run fwstart from $FWDIR\bin

9. Install the policy from the security policy editor

but NAT don't perform....

I have seen that NAT performs only setting static route on external
router: ip route <traslated_IP_address> <FW-1_IP_address>
but I would like to perform NAT without static route on router......
Suggestions?
Thanks
Mario