Re: [FW-1] generic* for SecurID with SecureClient

Hej!

Yes, it works with non generic* users. The generic* user has everything
setup as the users that works, except that the generic* user doesn't have an
expiration date which the regular test users has. In the policy properties
we have defined "Allow Outgoing & Encrypted" in Desktop Security.

When I use my test user SecureClient says

    "User <login> authenticated by SecurID"

where <login> of cause is the login name.
And the policy in the SecureClient is set to "Allow Outgoing & Encrypted"

The log then has the following lines;
accept IKE from the SecureClient host to the firewall
authcypt of the user, authenticated by SecurID, scheme IKE
key install IKE Log: Phase 1
key install IKE methods: ESP: 3DES + SHA1 (Phase 2)
and finally decrypt of protocols used by the user

We have tested this for over a week and it works fine. It's more or less
like the SecureClient computer was attached to out internal networks.

When I remove the test users and add generic* to the group we use in the
rulbase I get this;

I still use the same login name, as it is one defined in the SecurID server,
I get this response within the SecureClient program;

    "User <login> authenticated by SecurID

     The security policy on you computer has
     been removed.
     You are no longer authorized to have a
     policy!"

All this in the same pop-up window.
The policy in the SecureClient has changed to "Allow All"

The log then has the following lines;
accept IKE from the SecureClient host to the firewall
deauthorize user, reason: Lost policy
authcypt of the user, authenticated by SecurID, scheme IKE
key install IKE Log: Phase 1
key install IKE methods: ESP: 3DES + SHA1 (Phase 2)
and now dropping all protocols from SecureClient host by last drop rule
(No relevant information in the "Info" field in the log, just len XX)

My conclusion is that generic* user  passes on the authentication to SecurID
and that works fine. But for some reason the firewall don't apply the
SecureClient policy for the generic* user and then the firewall can't accept
connections as the policy is missing.

What have we done wrong?

                                  _\\|//_
                                  (-0-0-)
/-------------------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo------------------------------\
| Magnus Sandberg                    Email: [email protected]  |
| Network Engineer, BlueLabs AB                  http://www.bluelabs.se/ |
| Phone: +46-8-470 2155                             FAX: +46-8-470 2199  |
                                  ||   ||
                                 ooO   Ooo

 ----- On the 11th of April 2002 Lars Troen wrote; -----

Magnus,
Yes, it should work. You should recheck your configuration. Check that the
generic* user has correct encryption settings. What is your error messages?
Does it work with a different non generic* user?

Lars