De : Steve McNutt [mailto:[email protected]]
Envoyé : vendredi 12 avril 2002 05:32
À : [email protected]
Objet : Re: [FW-1] High Availability

Well, I suspect you will get a veritable flood of replies on this one :-)

The two HA solutions with FW-1 that I have experience with are Stonebeat Full cluster and the Nokia solution.

The stonebeat setup I worked with used sun E250 enforcement servers with gig E interfaces and a ultra 10 for a management server

I've done numerous setups with nokia boxes using IP 330's and 440's with a variety of interfaces.

The stonbeat was a pain in the a$$, and product support seemed more interested in deflecting blame and making excuses than working the problems.  I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth.

The Nokia solution works beautifully.  very easy to configure, maintain, and administer.  Only drawback is failover can take a couple of seconds.  If you require subsecond failover, it's not a good choice.

I cannot comment on rainwall or other solutions, as I have not implemnented and/or supported them.

Have a good one.

Steven McNutt, CCIE #6495, CCSE #6224, MCSE
President
LightningCloud Technologies
bus:
cel: