[FW-1] experiences with SecurePlatform??

Title: experiences with SecurePlatform??

I was looking at Checkpoint's site today, and found a reference to "SecurePlatform", apparently a hardened OS/FW-1 NG combo (http://www.checkpoint.com/products/security/secureplatform.html).

Has anyone had any experience with this, good or bad??  I'm wondering what exactly the "hardened OS" is underneath (Linux??), and exactly what hardware specs are supported - all I could find was a reference to intel-based platforms.  Also, it only mentions fw-1/vpn-1, I'm wondering if the OS isn't completely closed, can I also add floodgate-1 to the mix.

Thanks,

Glenn