Re: [FW-1] remote upgrade question-pls help

Dear all,

Some important and quick questions, I need to upgrade CP4.0 to CP2000 and
change its external IP at the same time. (license is tied to this external
IP)

I had worked out the following procedure and ask you some question.

1)First, I create a rule using the GUI client and change the FW gateway IP
to the new IP and save it as a new name for eg newfw.W without install.

2)Disable /etc/rc2.d/S00fw1bootd and /etc/rc3.d/S95firewall1  so that the fw
won't start after reboot (I still wonder this step is neccessary

3)fwstop the firewall.

3)change the firewall external IP and edit the /etc/hosts and hostname.hme0

4)Install the CP2000 software using InstallU.  But I have a question here.
If I have already fwstop the fw deamon and then perform the installation,
will it consider new installation or upgrade.  As I still need the old
configuration to be installed like newfw.W

5)Even we can retain the configuration file, can we still use our GUI client
to choose the new configuration file newfw.W and compile and install it.

What is the difference among
Fw load newfw.W--1
Fw load newfw.pf gateway1--2
Fw fetch gateway1--3

What is the difference between 2 and 3? Gateway1 is specified as the target
in 3. But How do I know what is my target name and for (1) how do the fw
which target it should install it.

Thnaks