[FW-1] Problem with RPC services

Dear all,

I am now using the CheckPoint Firewall Software VPN-1 & FireWall-1 Version 4.1 and I have to enable RPC (Remote Procedure Call) services among two machine through the firewall, because I use NIS services. I have found the right pre-configured service in firewall software, but it seems not to work because packets of TCP protocol used by RPC are not recognised and thus dropped by the last rule. Perhaps the firewall is not recognising the port numbers, that can change without control, depending on the RPC specific kind of communication. However, the service pre-configured on the firewall software should work, no matter which port number is used. Is there a known bug here!? Anyone has experienced something similar? Any help is very appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Ing. Guido Fraietta
quote of the day:
"One of the symptoms of an approaching
nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work
is terribly important." (Bertrand Russel)