rich :)

[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Etts,
Russell
Sent: 04 April 2002 15:30
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] Question about VPN SecuRemote

Hi all

Please bear with me.  I am not knowledgeable at all, so if I don't provide
enough information, then let me know what else you need.

We had someone come in and change the encryption scheme on the firewall to
use IKE.  We had to have everyone update their client to use VPN + Strong in
order to authencate.  One of the reasons we did this is so people can use
SecuRemote from behind a home router.  I was told the only thing I need to
do is open the client and go to tools, encryption scheme, advanced and
choose "Force UPD encapsulation".  When we do this, two people have gotten
an error stating they are not defined to use IKE.  I check the encryption,
the are set to use IKE.  When I get this error, the only thing I can do is
to delete and recreate the site, reboot the computer and then I can have the
people authencate - but never behind the home router.

Can someone please point me in the direction of what to look for??

Thanks for all your time and advice

Russell