Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:08 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW-1] VPN in to a NetWare 4.2 server

Hi all,

The simple question is can this be done with a FW-1 NG firewall?

FW-1 NG is running on a Win2K Server. There is a NetWare 4.2 server behind it. Since it is a NetWare 4.2 server the only way to talk to it is to talk IPX.

Will the SecuRemote client encapsulate IPX assuming that the Novell Client is installed on the remote workstation? Obviously the Win2K server must have IPX installed on the private NIC.

I looked through the documentation and there is nothing that I found telling me that this is possible or how to set it up.

Anyone out there have any ideas on this?

Thanx

Goran Jovanovic
The LAN Shoppe Inc
phone:x-2113