Re: [FW-1] unauthorized smtp delivery

Noor Azman Wahid wrote:

> Dear all,
> I saw someone else using my mail server to relay e-mail messages. I use
> pop3 and smtp.
> What is the best practice and rules ?
>  I just want my machine to relay traffic for my domain and  also have a few
> virtual domain needed to be serve.

Hi,
usually you should set up your Mailserver in a way, accepting Mail from any for
your domain only and sending Mail to any from your Network only.
If you are using Check Point SMTP Ressource, you should never configure in the
Matching Tab Sender "*" in combination with Recepient "*" and a rule with "any
any SMTP-Res. accept".
Just define two resources, one for incoming mail (Rec *@mydomain) and one for
outgoing (Sender *@mydomain). Combining this with correct rules will prohibit
Mail-Relaying also.
Hope it helps,
best regards,
Matthias
http://www.fw-1.de
--
AERAsec Network Services and Security GmbH
Wagenberger Straße 1