[FW-1] Secureclient : what is the meaning of Kill?

I have securemote installed on my Laptop since a few days. When I am at home, I am using my home network with ICS. Since I installed SecureClient with the policy, of course I can not connect anymore from my home PC to my laptop due to the policy installed (the icon is flashing red telling me that packets are blocked).
So i make kill on the SecureClient.
I can not ping or map a network drive from my home PC.
I can ping from my laptop.

The only way to be regain access to my laptop from home PC was to unistall SecureClient!

Is this normal? I was expecting Kill to kill entirely the policy enforcement and network control.