[FW-1] VRRP Load balancing

Hi

Sorry to bother you, I have a question regarding Nokia load balancing.

I am interested in creating a fault tolerant web site based around the
purchase of 2 new Nokia 330s using VRRP.  Before we purchase these I would
like to know if what we propose is possible, any assistance you could give
would be much appreciated.

Currently we have two frame-relay internet connections like so:

Internet                        Internet
    |                               |
Router                  Router
    |                               |
Firewall                        Firewall
    |                               |
Web services            Web services

Would it be possible to remove the routers, install the 330s directly on the
frame relay, and remove the existing firewalls?

Like so:

Internet                Internet
    |                       |
Firewall(330)-----Firewall(330)
    |                       |
Web services    Web services

The diagram is not very complicated but switches would be used to ensure
that there was more than one path to each device using VLANs.

Would you be able to do this and also load balance traffic between the two
firewalls?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

Richard Thornton
Network Security Engineer, CSA

Common Services Agency Disclaimer

The information contained in this message may be confidential
or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only.
If you have received this message in error or there are any
problems please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.